Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 August 2011

This time next year we'll be millionaires or married!


So another day down... Many steps to go...

Not very productive start to the day. I nursed myself through the first few hours of the day with ibuprofen, milky coffee and a scone (perhaps not the best food choice - although it was homemade with dates and walnuts, so not all bad!) My toils from yesterday have caught up with me. My joints are so stiff, I feel like I'm moving in treacle. After a rerun of Only Fools and Horses, an episode of my beloved Cold Feet all washed down with a gallon of milky coffee, I'm feeling human enough to feel guilty that I'm still in bed. Embarrassed that my curtains are still shut and the workmen outside on the scaffolding will know I'm a lazy cow. They don't know I'm a teacher on a well deserved holiday and that actually I work very hard - they sneer like I'm a lady that lunches and lollops around doing not a lot. Inverted snobs. I bet myself that they probably lie in on their holidays, but somewhere hot, abroad, probably boozy and smoke filled in a jungle of bikini clad beauties. I won't pass them any tea out the window today.

I do a few Sun Salutations to loosen up and it works a treat. God bless yoga! Then I decide to brave it through the hallway, past the inverted snobs. So I'm ready, MP3 player, Gymboss and door keys. I have hit upon the idea of safety pinning them to myself to I can run hands free. I walk the first 5 mins at a pace to warm up. Then I've set the Gymboss to laps of 1 minute running, 2 minutes resting. Yes I heard it too- sounds rubbish. But sadly for me, it's still a challenge and I can't even run for a minute on the sand once I've reached the beach. Still I'm determined to improve.

I did 2.77 miles in 32 minutes - something to beat next time.

Job 2: Improve nutrition.
Increase intake of oily fish.
Achieved this with a very tasty grilled sardine sandwich.
Verdict: The house stinks, even out to the hallway - like a mini Craster!



Jobs for tomorrow:

Another jog/walk if joints allow.
The Food Shop!!! An exciting adventure - it's like travelling abroad up and down the aisle. I think maybe I fancy bit more of India and Greece this week. Also an opportunity to make more healthy choices and increase good nutrient intake. One step closer to glowing skin and inner chic!

Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't min me saying but if you want to transform you need more of a structured plan. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete