Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 August 2011

367 days to go!



So here I am with 367 days to go... (because it's a leap year)

Job One: Establish goals, then the mini steps to confidence and inner chic!

Body Beautiful...

There is no escaping from the message - loudly screaming from every bridal magazine, newspaper article and bridemaid's lips: I am expected to be the best I have ever been on my big day. The pressure to be perfect is immense. Well, nodody's perfect, so I'm not buying into that one. But I guess I don't want to be looking at my (very expensive) wedding photos with the sinking feeling that I missed my chance to be the best I could be. 'C - Could have done better.' I don't want to be stick thin, dangerously obsessed about calorie consumption or always at the gym, or even look like I've tried that hard. I do however want more than a C when I look at the (expensive) wedding pictures.

So I'm armed (and have been for a while) with my subscriptions to my fitness mag (for drip feeds of inspiration and new ideas) my gym to slog it out in, piles of recipe books with new innovative, low fat, low gi food for life... All in a bid to become a shining paragon of health and beauty. I've aspired to a svelte, curved, glowing specimen since being an awkward, overgrown gangly teen.  So I have my weapons, the freedom of the summer holidays to entrench my regimens. Now is my chance.


So with an aim to having as much fun as possible, I signed up for trampolining this morning. What a laugh. I absolutely LOVED it! I was a little suprised to be the only able bodied participant in the local authority run session. I am assured it is open to all adults in the community, so on I bounce. I certainly feel the cardio building up. I got very hot, engaged my core and bounced myself silly. Honestly, I couldn't keep the childish squeals and whoops inside. To my suprise, I was actually quite good - and not just by comparison. This is a bit of a turn up for me, as I'm naturally not a very sporty person. I love the concept, the team spirit, but I falter at the competitive streak - maybe I'd get one if I was good enough for it to be played upon. I'm seen as a bookish sort by friends and family. This may well change! My core muscles obviously aren't as bad as I thought as I managed to stay near the red cross in the middle. I did star jumps, tucks, 180 degree twists, bouncing from standing, to my bottom and back to standing and then another twist.

One hour later, I'm back in the car, hot and sticky but full of bounce and energy. Already I feel empowered: I can jump higher, turn neater. One day down and a good few steps closer to Womenhood - bring on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment