Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 August 2011

The Final Countdown



So exactly one year and one day to go until my wedding day!! (Waves of extreme emotions - intense excitement mixed with anxiety.) 

As a small child I never dreamed of the big white dresses, tossing the bouquet or cutting the perfectly frosted cake. I did however picture myself married. The pictures in my mind always slightly blurred and out of focus, but featured me happy and relaxed, full of grace, poise and confidence. The me in the pictures was a woman in control, a woman who went places and did exciting things, a woman who accomplished, even conquered. Most importantly the woman in the picture was a grown up, knew her mind and knew her heart, where to go and how to get there.

When I look in the mirror, I see the blurred, out of focus woman. I am very thankful that she's happy and knows her heart. But that's about it. There are still many things left to achieve on my six year old self's checklist. This one year and one day is my final countdown to becoming a grown up - surely by my Wedding day  I will feel grown up? I will surely then possess at least some grace and poise?

This is my plight in the one year and one day remaining, to propel myself to womanhood proper. This is my finishing school. My chance to become the woman that doesn't ring round to ask my own opinion, to become the owner of a chic wardrobe (or at least ensembles that don't cause me to cringe at an unexpected doorbell.) This is the year that I will reach my health and fitness goals, expand my knowledge of world affairs, hone my small talk skills and become a fully participating adult.



Freshly inspired by the lovely Julie Powell/ Amy Adams of Julie and Julia. I am hopeful that I too can use a blog to focus my energies and achieve my goals.


Here goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment